Wayside depends on volunteers:
From cooking, to setting up community meals, to working in our warehouse and making pick ups and deliveries, there is much to be done at Wayside, and we couldn't do it without teams of volunteers. Consider joining other local volunteers in a making a difference.
Wayside Food Programs is currently in its 25th year serving prepared meals to those in need in Greater Portland, and providing supplemental foods to pantries, soup kitchens and agencies located throughout Cumberland County. This effort has only been possible through the dedication of over 3,500 volunteers from local churches, businesses, and civic organizations
Our Volunteer Needs
Wayside is always seeking ways to connect volunteers to the service work of providing food to people in need. Volunteer opportunities include work at:
- The warehouse: Activities include food pick up and distribution and helping with special events.
- Meal Programs: Activities include food preparation, service and cleanup.
- Mobile Food Pantries: Activities include putting together boxes of food, loading and unloading trucks, distributing food and recording data at distribution sites.
- The Commodity Supplemental Food Program: Activities include unloading and distributing food to low-income seniors at distribution sites.
- Food drives: Activities include sponsoring and representing Wayside at food drives at local venues.
To find out more about volunteering, please email us with the form at right or call (207) 775-4939.